Applying at New Mexico Highlands is easy. Just follow the directions below. If you get stuck, give us a call at 800-338-6648, and we’ll help you out.
Graduate students application form:
Or click here to apply online.
Required Documentation (all applicants)
Since complete applications are processed first, please be aware that the omission of any information will delay the processing of your application and may affect your admission to those programs with deadlines. NOTE: Your application along with the following must be received by NMHU before an admission decision can be made.
- An official transcript (in a sealed envelope) from each university attended. Although NMHU requires official transcripts for final admission, please attach a
student copy of your transcript(s) to your application to expedite the evaluation process. This office will request advisement copies of NMHU transcripts
from our Registrar’s Office.
- Statement of Educational Goals and Objectives – minimum of 100 words on separate sheet.
- Letters of Recommendation – minimum of two (2).
- Test scores, if required.
- A one-time non-refundable $25 application fee (not required of returning students who have already paid the fee).
Program Specific Documentation Requirements (in addition to above required documentation)
Curriculum and Instruction: Compose an essay of between 500 and 750 words which specifically describes why you selected this graduate program, and how completion of this graduate program will affect your future career and/or professional goals. (The 100 word statement of educational goals and objectives is not required for Curriculum and Instruction.)
Provide verification of Teaching Licensure
Educational Leadership: Provide a resume, a letter of application addressed to the program faculty, verification of teaching experience, and at least one letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor.
Statement of Educational Goals and Objectives must:
- Express specific interest and aims within the program (leadership);
- Express aims for scholarly pursuit;
- Use professional language; and
- Use standard grammar, usage, and mechanics.
English: Provide a 10-15 page writing sample, preferably a scholarly paper written for an upper division English class.
Media Arts, Computer Science and Certificate of Fine Arts: Provide a portfolio with examples of academic, industrial or creative work.
MSW Students, please click here.
|Graduate Admission Office
Email Graduate Admissions
|Graduate mail in application Information
If you prefer to mail in your application download the pdf and fill out the application, download.
Mail it to:
New Mexico Highlands University
Graduate Admission Office
Las Vegas, NM 87701-9000