Welcome Cowboys & Cowgirls
Congratulations on your admission to New Mexico Highlands University, and welcome to our family! We’re excited to show you what being a New Mexico Highlands student is all about! Go through our step-by-step checklists for admitted students based on your student type for everything you need to do to make your enrollment official!
Admitted Fall Freshmen - Class of 2022!
1. Register for New Student Orientation!
During NSO you will have the opportunity to sign up for classes, meet your 2022 classmates, and visit with faculty/staff members.
- Friday, June 15, 2018
Friday, June 29, 2018
Friday, July 13, 2018
Friday July 27, 2018
Monday, August 20, 2018
2. Submit FAFSA (NMHU Code 002653)/Accept your Scholarship!
Freshman scholarships are awarded based on a student’s admissions status. Students should be fully admitted by March 1st, prior to their first semester at NMHU, in order to be eligible for priority scholarship awarding. A scholarship application is not required for these awards, but it is recommended to further maximize a student’s eligibility for additional scholarship funding.
If you’ve already received your award letter from us, you can accept it with the link below before the deadline!
3. Apply for Housing & Meal Plan!
In order to get the full Cowboy/Cowgirl experience we require all of our freshmen to live on camps! You’ll be able to select your housing and meal plan below. For more information please visit the New Mexico Highlands University Housing page.
- Virtual Tour – Residence Halls
- Housing Rates & Meal Plan Rates
- Housing Application
- Meal Plan Application
- Need more? Visit the New Mexico Highlands University Housing page.
4. Learn about Financing your Education
College is a major investment for you and your family. New Mexico Highlands University is here to help. We offer an array of financial aid programs—including scholarships, grants, loans and student employment—as part of our commitment to making an excellent education affordable.
- Contact our Business Office: Learn about payment plans, payment dates, disenrollment dates, and to make a payment!
- Contact our Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships: Documents, Cost of Attending, and more resources.
5. Official transcripts & Learn which credits will transfer
If you’ve earned credits through courses at another institution or through standard exams (such as AP, A/AS level) they may count toward your Highlands degree. Submit your most recent transcripts to the address below as soon as your grades are posted so we may promptly evaluate your transfer credit.
Mail transcripts and any additional materials to:
New Mexico Highlands University
Office of Recruitment & Undergraduate Admissions
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Financial Aid & Scholarships
New Student Orientation