Welcome to the HU Family! New Mexico Highlands University continues to lead in affordability, social mobility and much more!
First-Time Freshmen Next Steps
Congratulations! By now you’ve received your admission letter. You are that much closer to becoming an official first-year student at New Mexico Highlands University. The following checklist should help ease your transition and connect you to the resources you will need to start your academic career.
New Student Orientation
NSO provides an opportunity for admitted students to tour campus, gather information, and ask questions before they make their final college choice.
Pick a Date!
- Friday, June 7th, 2019
- Friday, June 21st, 2019
- Friday, July 12th, 2019
- Friday, July 26th, 2019
- Monday, August 12th, 2019
Housing & Meal Plan
- Contact Housing
- End-Of-Year Instructions
- Facilities Services Work Order
- Housing Rates and Meal Plans
- Residence Halls Handbook on Policies and Procedures
- Application for Summer Housing (PDF)
- Application for Campus Apartments (PDF)
- Meal Plan Application (PDF)
- Application for Housing (PDF)
- Application for Residential Living Waiver Form (Word doc.)