If you are interested in coming to New Mexico Highlands University follow these steps:
Complete the Admissions Application
After your application has been submitted, email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the documents have been submitted, the Admissions Department will evaluate your application.
- Admissions Department will evaluate your application.
- Certified Transcripts from all secondary schools and universities attended.
- Certified English Translations of all transcripts
- Financial Certificate
- Copy of Passport
- Bank Statement
- English Proficiency Score (TOEFL, IELTS) if nonnative English speaker
- Personal statement of education goals/objectives: Essay must be typed on a separate sheet of paper and must be at least 100 words.
- Three letters of recommendation (a minimum of 2 required).
- Bachelor’s degree credit evaluation
Bachelor’s degree credit evaluation
If your undergraduate degree is from a university or college outside of the United States, your transcripts must be evaluated by a credential evaluation service that is a current member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), OR A current member of the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Evaluations must include the educational degree equivalencies, grade point average and course-by-course analysis. Some examples of higher education credential evaluators are World Education Services, Educational Credential Evaluators, Global Credential Evaluators
Program Specific Requirements
- English applicants only: Provide a 10-15 page writing sample, preferably a scholarly paper written for an upper division English class.
- Media arts & computer science applicants only: You must provide a portfolio with examples of academic, industrial or creative work.
- Educational leadership applicants only: provide a resume, a letter of application addressed to the program faculty, verification of teaching experience and at least one letter of recommendation from an immediate supervisor.
- MS in psychology program and the biology program: The GRE is strongly recommended.
Minimum English proficiency scores are listed below:
Applicants from countries in which English is an official language, but not the language of the majority or the language of instruction will be required to submit TOEFL or IELTS test scores.
Exceptions for providing evidence of adequate command of the English language are:
- Persons holding citizenship in English-speaking countries.
- Applicants holding citizenship in a country where the English language is an official language and the means of instruction.
English Proficency Scores
Written 500 / Computer 207 / Internet 76
TOEFL for Business Applicants
Written 540 / Computer 207 / Internet 76
IELTS for Business Applicants
After receiving the acceptance letter, we will generate your I-20. Once the I-20 has been created, we must mail it to you. With an I-20 you will be able to obtain your visa. With your visa, you will be able to gain entry into the United States. You can create and pay for your shipping label here.
All student must provide the following information before traveling to campus. If we do not receive this information, you will not be housed or allowed to attend classes:
- Copy of your visa emailed to email@example.com
- Housing Application
You will need to apply for a visa. Click on this link for visa instructions: Visa Information
- SEVIS I-901 Fee Information and Instructions– must pay SEVIS fee before visa interview
You will need to fill out a Housing Application